Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition (VVCC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing accessible transportation and programs through volunteer services, to support adults in need of assistance to maintain their independence and quality of life at home. VVCC serves adults (neighbors) in need throughout the greater Verde Valley. VVCC depends upon more than 200 volunteers to provide supportive services to over 2,000 neighbors in need. The Call Center Specialist is responsible for utilizing the Assisted Rides software to arrange transportation to fulfill the ride requests of eligible neighbors and for matching other service requests responding to requests for assistance and inquiries requesting information regarding resources. VVCC arranges nearly 30,000 trips annually through its Call Center.
The Call Center Specialist handles incoming and outgoing calls in VVCC’s Call Center. The Specialist actively participates as an effective and efficient member of the Call Center team to assure quality customer service and the fulfillment of service requests in an efficient timely manner.
· Answers incoming calls from current neighbors requesting rides; demonstrates ability to arrange rides and manage a variety to transportation resources to fulfill trip requests utilizing VVCC’s transportation and resources software.
· Contacts volunteers and other available transportation resources to fill trip requests; gets to know the volunteer pool and assigns neighbor requests appropriately.
· Answers phones in a friendly, professional manner on a timely basis; directs calls and takes messages accurately.
· Works as a responsible team member with other Call Center staff, volunteers and the Transportation and Program Manager to help assure requests for services are filled.
· Maintains timely and accurate communication with all team members, neighbors, volunteers, staff regarding filling trip requests and modifying or cancellation of trip requests.
· Participates in and initiates daily team communication and briefings regarding open trip requests, volunteer and staff driver manifests, volunteer availability, and fulfillment of trips request to assure trip requests are fulfilled to the maximum extent of available resources.
· Completes initial new neighbor eligibility screening for callers requesting VVCC services for the first time. Adheres to VVCC policy and protocols regarding eligibility. Determines and accepts requests for transportation for newly eligible callers, enters requests in trip software along with sufficient information on newly eligible caller to fill the new requests.
· Provides completed initial eligibility forms to Care Coordinator for completion of the in-home visit and needs assessment.
· Assists callers with information about programs and services; creates and maintains a positive impression as a representative of VVCC.
· Maintains accurate and timely data entry of neighbor and volunteer info in VVCC Intelligent Transportation System and database system (Assisted Rides).
· Assists with managing the Guardian Angel Emergency Alert Program.
· Assists with orientation and training of new Call Center staff and volunteers.
· Participates in Call Center team meetings and VVCC staff meetings.
· Other duties and activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Minimum high school diploma: bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Excellent customer service and strong communication skills
· Capable of handling and directing multiple calls; Call Center experience preferred.
· Ability to learn and effectively utilize an Intelligent Transportation System software system.
· Ability and interest in working with elderly population, and with volunteers.
· Ability to establish rapport by being non-judgmental and showing compassion.
· Works effectively as part of a team
· Knowledge of and experience with computer database systems
Starting pay: $18.00/hour
Note: This position is effective based on available funding and is subject to periodic change.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition (VVCC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing accessible transportation and programs, through volunteer services, to support adults in need of assistance to maintain their independence and quality of life at home. VVCC serves adults in need throughout the greater Verde Valley. VVCC depends upon more than 300 volunteers to provide supportive services to over 1,800 adults (neighbors) in need. The driver is the heart of the transportation program and is obligated to provide trips as assigned. The service provided by the driver helps older adults and people with disabilities live independent, quality lives by providing them access to necessary healthcare and community services. Stipend drivers may operate accessible vehicles owned by VVCC and may use their own private vehicle when the privately owned vehicle meets VVCC standards. The driver reports to, assists, and works cooperatively with the Dispatch/Call Center team in providing safe and efficient transportation to customers without other mobility alternatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Note: This position is effective based on available funding and is subject to periodic change
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition will make reasonable accommodations for performance of the essential functions of the job for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a veteran of military service.