Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition (VVCC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing accessible transportation and programs, through volunteer services, to support adults in need of assistance to maintain their independence and quality of life at home. VVCC serves adults in need throughout the Verde Valley area. VVCC coordinates the activities of more than 160 volunteers to provide supportive services to 2,000 or more individuals in need. The Care Coordinator is responsible for the neighbor (client) eligibility and needs assessment and follow-up process for neighbors with high needs, meeting with neighbors in their homes and coordinating the work of volunteers assigned to assist with the assessment and follow-up process for high-needs neighbors.
This position completes in-home assessments and provides leadership to a team of assigned volunteer in home interviewers. This position also coordinates with VVCC staff regarding neighbor eligibility, needs, follow-up visits and coordinates VVCC’s response to neighbors with high needs, and coordinates service delivery with other organizations providing care and services to older adults and individuals with disabilities.
1. Based on initial new neighbor eligibility information, identify new neighbors with
apparent high needs and complete initial in-home visit within three days or sooner.
2. Provide leadership and coordination to team of volunteers assigned to complete needs assessment interviews and follow-up in home visits for neighbors.
3. Receive and review completed initial eligibility forms from Call Center Specialists and review case notes and initial service requests.
4. Meets with staff regarding changing conditions with current neighbors that may indicate high needs and enters case progress notes in Assisted Rides.
5. Develop care coordination plan for neighbors with high needs and coordinate referrals for additional services as needed.
6. Respond to currently enrolled neighbors with emerging high needs; develop care
coordination plans and provide follow-up.
7. Coordinate a team of volunteers to provide regular follow-up in home visits.
8. Provide quality and service satisfaction surveys to neighbors.
9. Participate in Call Center team meetings, coordinate in-service training sessions and debriefings with volunteers providing in home assessment interviews and follow-up visits.
10. Assists with evaluating and documenting program outcomes and other performance reports.
1. Bachelor’s in social work or Nursing or higher.
2. 5 years of professional experience serving older adults.
3. 2 years staff and/or volunteer supervisory experience.
4. Ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
5. Clear and effective communications.
6. Excellent needs assessment skills.
7. Excellent listening skills.
8. Ability to set priorities.
9. Must be highly organized and able to make sound decisions under stress.
10. Position requires possession of valid Arizona Driver’s License and use of employee’s private vehicle.
Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
Note: This position description is subject to periodic modification and is active based on available funding.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition (VVCC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing accessible transportation and programs, through volunteer services, to support adults in need of assistance to maintain their independence and quality of life at home. VVCC serves adults in need throughout the greater Verde Valley. VVCC depends upon more than 300 volunteers to provide supportive services to over 2,000 adults (neighbors) in need. The driver is the heart of the transportation program and is obligated to provide trips as assigned. The service provided by the driver helps older adults and people with disabilities live independent, quality lives by providing them access to necessary healthcare and community services. Mobility Van drivers operate accessible vehicles owned by VVCC and may be required to use their own private vehicles when VVCC’s vehicle is not available. The driver reports to, assists, and works cooperatively with the Dispatch/Call Center team in providing safe and efficient transportation to customers without other alternatives.
1. Prioritizes the safety of our neighbors, themselves, and the public by providing safe door-to-door and door-through-door passenger transportation service.
2. Transports passengers according to the schedule and/or instructions given by the Dispatch/Call Center. Compliance with this Key Responsibility may require working overtime hours, or early morning or late in evening.
3. Maintains communication throughout the day with the Dispatch/Call Center, responding to calls and reports issues and problems as they occur.
4. Notifies the Dispatch/Call Center, without delay, of any variations to the schedule and any additional destinations requested by or for the passenger while fulfilling the original schedule.
5. Assists passengers between the vehicle and the door of the origin/destination location, and through the door as needed, using appropriate passenger assistance techniques.
6. Assists passengers with wheelchairs, mobility devices, bags, packages, and other items.
7. Advises the Dispatch/Call Center immediately of any issues or problems, especially situational reports regarding delayed passenger pick-ups or drop offs, or passenger trip cancellations or other concerns. Contacts passengers impacted by delays or other issues of trip timing and arranges schedule modifications to support trip fulfillment to the highest level possible.
8. Accommodate service animals according to training and reports any difficulty with service animals immediately to the Dispatch/Call Center.
9. Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
10. Maintains accurate trip information records (trip origin/destination, miles, and hours).
11. Attends required training, debriefing sessions, and staff meetings.
12. Provides Dispatch/Call Center with advance notice of scheduled absences.
13. Maintains VVCC owned vehicle or private vehicle for VVCC trips, when providing demand response services for VVCC in clean and safe condition. Assists with upkeep and cleaning when operating VVCC mobility vans.
14. Monitors vehicle fuel level and purchases fuel at an appropriate and efficient time to avoid delays in trip schedule.
15. Refrains from alcohol consumption for at least 8 hours prior to driving for VVCC.
16. Notifies the Dispatch/Call Center Coordinator when taking medication (over the counter or prescription) that may influence driving ability.
17. Always maintains confidentiality regarding passengers.
18. Always follows approved operational procedures.
19. Reports all vehicle and passenger incidents/accidents no matter how slight, to the Dispatch/Call Center Coordinator without delay.
20. Maintains a personal and professional driving record with no more than two traffic violations or preventable collisions within a three-year period.
21. Provides superior quality customer service to ensure that each passenger who requests VVCC service is treated with dignity, respect, and patience.
22. Adheres to VVCC Personnel Policies.
23. Adheres to all other policies, directives, and protocols.
24. Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Experience operating a passenger vehicle safely and experience operating an accessible vehicle is highly desired.
2. A High School Diploma or higher.
3. Valid Driver’s License and an excellent driving record as recorded by the Motor Vehicle Department.
4. Ability to maintain a driving record that meets or exceeds VVCC driver standards.
5. Ability to operate and maintain a private vehicle in clean and safe operating condition (volunteer drivers).
6. Ability to pass a National Criminal Record Check and Social Security Identification Check.
7. Ability to pass drug and alcohol screening if required.
8. Ability to fully comply with Federal Transit Administration Drug and Alcohol Testing program, including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing.
9. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in public contact and problem-solving situations.
10. Ability to work as a team member with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
11. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
12. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to make decisions with minimal supervision.
13. Possess effective problem-solving skills.
14. Ability to respect and accept supervision.
15. Ability to safely lift and carry 30 lbs.
Paid Driver: $15.00 per hour
Note: This position is effective based on available funding and is subject to periodic change.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition will make reasonable accommodations for performance of the essential functions of the job for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a veteran of military service.