Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition (VVCC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing volunteers, programs and services to support adults in need of assistance to maintain their independence and quality of life at home. VVCC serves adults in need throughout the greater Verde Valley. VVCC depends upon 300 volunteers to provide supportive services to over 3,900 adults in need. The Associate Development and Communications Director works under the direction of the Associate Executive Director and is responsible for managing the daily activities of VVCC’s Development and Communications Office and assists with developing strategies and implementing plans.
1. Manages the daily activities of all development programs, including, but not limited to annual major fundraising event and campaign, direct mail appeals, individual donors, donor cultivation activities, and advertising and marketing.
2. Assists in the development and implementation of goals and strategies for all fundraising activities.
3. Assists in the development and implementation of the annual PR Communication and Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Plans.
4. Assists with media relations.
5. Supports and fosters productive relationships with donors.
6. Produces monthly development and advertising/marketing reports.
7. Maintains accurate donor records in Bloomerang donor management system and prepares acknowledgement letters.
8. Assists with grant writing.
9. Coordinates the work of multiple volunteers assisting with events and development office support.
10. Assures appropriate fundraising and marketing materials, and communications activities are developed and implemented.
11. Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and attend conferences as assigned.
12. Other duties and activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Five or more years experience in positions responsible for nonprofit fundraising and communications.
2. A bachelor’s degree or higher. CFRE highly desirable.
3. Grant writing experience a plus.
4. Basic to intermediate level proficiency in MS Office including Publisher and Power Point, and database management.
5. Extremely high degree of self-motivation and desire to accomplish duties and assignments with quality results.
6. Ability to work well with volunteers with diverse backgrounds.
7. Effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to motivate and energize people.
9. Strong customer service and marketing skills.
10. Ability to solve problems and propose and implement appropriate solutions.
11. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Full-time, hourly
· Reports to Associate Executive Director
Starting pay: $31.25/hour
Wellness Benefit: $200.00/monthly
Note: This position is effective based on available funding and is subject to periodic change.
January 17, 2024
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition will make reasonable accommodations for performance of the essential functions of the job for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a veteran of military service.