Staff at Verde Valley Caregivers work hard to ensure older adults and adults with disabilities are getting the assistance they need to enjoy their quality of life.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition (VVCC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing accessible transportation and programs, through volunteer services, to support adults in need of assistance to maintain their independence and quality of life at home. VVCC serves adults in need throughout the greater Verde Valley. VVCC depends on more than 300 volunteers to provide supportive services to over 2,200 adults in need. The Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the overall recruitment and coordination of all VVCC volunteers. The Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator reports to the Development & Communications Manager.
1. Responsible for coordinating and performing volunteer recruiting activities; organizes and provides volunteer orientations; assures volunteers are provided with ample opportunity to serve in a timely manner. Coordinates volunteer meetings and acknowledgement with cards and calls.
2. Assists and works in conjunction with the Development & Communications Manager to reach or exceed volunteer recruiting goals by implementing all or assigned portions of the VVCC Volunteer Recruitment Plan.
3. Enrolls new volunteers and assures background checks are completed. Assists with modifying or developing volunteer enrollment forms and volunteer manuals and guides.
4. Presents and introduces new volunteers to the Call Center staff and assures volunteer information is accurately entered in the Assisted Rides system.
5. Follows up with new volunteers quickly after their first volunteer service with VVCC to determine their satisfaction with their first experience and engages the Development & Communications Manager and the Executive Director in welcoming each new volunteer.
6. Surveys all newly enrolling volunteers and current volunteers at least annually to determine their level of satisfaction with their experience with VVCC.
7. Coordinates and conducts presentations to a wide variety of service clubs, churches, schools, businesses, local governments, and community service events to broaden the public’s awareness of VVCC and engage their support through volunteering and financial contributions.
8. Assists with developing communications and presentation materials as assigned.
9. Assists with organizing special events and the volunteer appreciation events as assigned.
10. Facilitates the annual holiday gift program as assigned.
11. Attends and participates in all staff meetings and team planning session and works with team members to evaluate results.
12. Prepares and submits progress reports on activities and accomplishments as directed.
14. Other duties and activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Three or more years experience in positions responsible for two or more of the following: community engagement/marketing, public relations, program development, volunteer coordination and supervision.
2. A bachelor’s degree or higher.
3. Volunteer coordination and recruiting experience is preferred.
4. Intermediate or higher-level proficiency in MS Windows, MS Office 2010, including Publisher and Power Point.
5. Extremely high degree of self-motivation and desire to accomplish duties and goals with quality results.
6. Ability to work well with volunteers with diverse backgrounds.
7. Effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to motivate and energize people.
9. Strong customer service and marketing skills.
10. Ability to solve problems and propose and implement appropriate solutions.
11. Ability to communicate and work effectively as part of a team.
· Part-time, hourly. 32 hours per week.
· Direct reports: No paid staff direct reports, may supervise work of volunteers
· Reports to Development & Communications Manager
Starting pay: $17.00/hour
Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2020.
Note: This position is effective based on available funding and is subject to periodic change.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition will make reasonable accommodations for performance of the essential functions of the job for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition.
Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a veteran of military service.