Due to the rapid increase in COVID infections in Arizona the following protocols must be followed immediately.
1. Masks must be worn by all staff, vaccinated or not, at all times at your desk and all other locations in the office and while providing rides and other
services to VVCC neighbors. We can provide you with a supply of disposable
masks. This applies to individuals regardless of whether you have had
COVID in the past.
2. Masks must be worn by all volunteers and staff drivers while serving and
transporting neighbors and performing any other VVCC duties.
3. If you are feeling sick, and/or coughing, fever (99.4 degrees or above) STAYHOME! Always call the Program Manager or Executive Director at least by the beginning of the workday or sooner to report that you are ill and
notable to work.
4. Wash your hands often at the office. Use hand sanitizer often while
providing transportation and other assistance.
5. We encourage all staff and volunteers to get vaccinated for COVID.
Although we do not require you to be vaccinated to work or serve at VVCC,
we must maintain a safe workplace and we must do all we can to protect
the at-risk elderly we serve. Please take this seriously, and rely on the best,
evidenced-based facts to make your decision regarding getting vaccinated.
Information regarding the efficacy and safety of COVID vaccination are
6. We encourage staff and volunteers to not come into close contact with
individuals known to be positive for COVID-19 or any of the active variants
or taking part in activities that would increase your exposure to infected
7. If you have known exposure to someone infected with COVID, you must
quarantine at home for 14 days or submit results of a negative COVID
8. Clean your workspace each day both at the beginning and the close of
business. Use the 70% alcohol wipes we provide.
9. Please encourage your passengers to wear a mask while in the vehicle,
even if they have been vaccinated. Offer the passenger a disposable mask
to wear and let them know that VVCC strongly encourages them to wear a
mask while in the vehicle.
10. Staff drivers are encouraged to clean passenger surface areas of their
vehicles after each passenger, using 70% alcohol wipes. Staff drivers must
sanitize interior surfaces of their vehicles after each workday, using 70%
alcohol wipes and an alcohol sprayer. Clean the vehicle floors using the
VVCC vacuum cleaner or broom, and a mop with soapy water.
11. VVCC and its Board of Directors reserve the right to modify and change this policy and these procedures without prior notice based on new information
or changes in the level of risk for infection present in the region and areas we serve. The level of risk will be informed by information from the CDC,
Arizona Department of Health Services and VVCC’s medical consultants and
the Board of Directors.
12. Please stay safe and help prevent our fellow employees, volunteers, and
neighbors from contracting the COVID-19 virus, or any of the variants.
If you arrive at a neighbor's home and the neighbor is sick and you suspect he/she may have COVID-19 -- Call the hotline Below.
Identify self– “I am _______(name) _______, working for VV Caregivers, a volunteer transport organization for the elderly. I am not medical personnel.”
Identify issue- “I am with _________ _________, a ______(age)(gender) who has symptoms of________________ __________________ _____________ _______________.”
[We should only be concerning ourselves if symptoms are – fever, cough, shortness of breath, exposure to prior COVID case]
Identify concern - “I am concerned about the potential presence of COVID-19.”
Identify request- “Can you provide advice; we have limited transport vehicles and need to limit contamination of those vehicles if COVID is a reasonable concern.”
“If you are recommending testing, where should the patient [not neighbor] be sent?”
Shopping With Neighbor
Neighbor Needs Grocery Pick up