The Office Volunteer’s role is to provide phone coverage in the Verde
Valley Caregivers office and to locate Volunteers to fill current Service
Requests from our “Neighbors”.
- Good phone and people skills.
- Ability to use a Personal Computer running Windows.
The Office Volunteer reports to the Office Program Coordinator.
The regular Office Volunteer commits to working in the Verde Valley
Caregivers office for 3.5 hours, once a week; either 9 to12:30 in the
morning or 12:30 to 4 in the afternoon.
Attend a short Office Volunteer Training Session which will include using
CARE, the software program Verde Valley Caregivers uses to track
open Service Requests, available Volunteers and active “Neighbors”.
A few of our Office Volunteers are substitutes and work whenever a
regular Office Volunteer cannot be in the office at their assigned time.
- Take all incoming calls.
- Review all notes left by preceding Office Volunteer & Office Staff.
- Take new Service Requests and enter them into CARE.
- Call available Volunteers & fill Open Service Requests via CARE.
- Afternoon shift, call those Neighbors whose Requests for the next
day we were unable to fill.
- When caught up, ask the Supervisor if there are any other office
activities or ongoing projects you can help with.